A tequila sunset on Hanalei Bay.
Every Friday on any island of Hawaii, it’s Aloha Friday.
Friday on the islands is similar to casual Friday on the mainland. The day of the week where the feeling is laid-back, leisurely, and looking forward to the weekend. Aloha wear is often worn too.
This weekend it’s Cinco de Mayo, so our weekend meals will honor and be inspired by one of my favorite countries and its food, Mexico.
Here are a few of my favorite Mexican inspired recipes…
No Churn Margarita Ice Cream (click link for recipe)
Veggie Tacos (click link for recipe)
This is one of the first real cocktails I ever drank, and still one of my all time favorites, especially when Michael makes it…
Maggie the Cocktail
(Michael’s Cadillac Margarita Recipe)
- Pint glass
- Salt *optional salted rim
- Ice cubes
- 2-shots of Patron Silver Tequila (or your choice of a good tequila)
- Mr. & Mrs. T’s Sweet & Sour Mix
- 1-shot of Grand Marnier
- 1 Fresh lime
* Optional, salt rim of pint glass prior to filling with ice by dipping edge of rim in sweet & sour mix, then into margarita salt, or any salt mixture.
- Fill pint glass with ice cubes
- Add tequila
- Pour sweet & sour mix until ice just begins to float
- Add Grand Marnier
- Squeeze the juice of a half of a lime
- Garnish with a lime slice on top of ice. (Leaving your lime slices in your glass keeps track of how many you’ve enjoyed)
- Stir well.
Love to have you share your favorite Mexican inspired recipe.
¡ Viva México! !